The Office of the Allen County Assessor is responsible for accurately and uniformly determining the market value in the use of every property in the county. This is achieved by using three approaches to value: Cost, Income, and Sales Comparison. The State now requires annual adjustments of assessments to reflect changes in the market. Below you will find documents explaining various processes used in the valuation of the property. We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your assessment.
Property Information Searches
- (COMPS) Comparable Online Multiple Property Search - View comparable sales, property information, aerial imagery, property lines, zoning information, voting information, and more. (2023 payable 2024)
- Public Access Tax Information (PATI) - View property record cards, tax amounts, deduction information, and more. (2022 payable 2023)
- Online Property Record Card Search - View property record cards only
- Property record cards with transfers or value changes will be updated once per month. If you don't see your changes, check again in a few weeks.
- View a sample property record card (PDF) explaining the information that is displayed on the card.
- Read an explanation of the parcel numbering system (PDF)
During statewide reassessments, county, and township assessors physically inspect each property to ensure that records are correct. Inspection accomplishes the gathering of data to value the property. For example, does the property still have a free-standing garage and an in-ground pool? Is the building on this property still 1,200 square feet or has it increased or decreased in size? By confirming this information, assessors can ensure properties are uniformly valued. Assessing officials will re-assess approximately 25% of the parcels in their jurisdiction each year over a four-year time frame. The maps below will show when you can expect our staff to be in your area.
- Residential / Agricultural Schedule (PDF)
- Commercial / Industrial Schedule (PDF)
- Statewide Cyclical Reassessment Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Legislative Changes Affecting the Assessment of Agricultural Land and Excess Residential Land (PDF)
- 2023 Agricultural Land Base Rate (PDF)
- Agricultural Land Assessments - DLGF Presentation (PDF)
- 2017 Census of Agriculture Report for Allen County (PDF)
- Land Resource List (PDF)
- Land Code List (PDF)
- Agricultural Affidavit (PDF)
For more information about land assessments, visit the DLGF website.
Important Links for Taxpayers
- View a list of township trustees
- Neighborhood Trending Example (PDF)
- Annual Adjustments (Trending) (PDF)
- Indiana Code Regarding Annual Adjustments (Trending) (PDF)
- Property Class Codes (PDF)
- Heritage Barn Deduction Form (PDF)