A taxpayer has the right to initiate an appeal of the current year's assessed valuation. A taxpayer may appeal an assessment by filing Form 130 with the assessing official. The taxpayer must file a separate petition for each parcel.
An appeal of the current year's real property assessment may have two different filing deadlines which are based on when the Form 11 Notice of Assessment is mailed. If Form 11 is mailed before May 1 of the assessment year, the filing deadline is June 15 of that year. If Form 11 is mailed after April 30 of the assessment year, the filing deadline is June 15 in the year that the tax statements are mailed (IC 6-1.1-15-1.1).
You may submit your appeal in any of the following ways:
- Hand delivering it to the County Assessor's Office in the Rousseau Centre (City-County Building) Suite 415
- Mailing it to the office (mailing address can be found on the right side of this page. Please include Attn: PTABOA Department)
- Emailing it as an attachment to the Tax Appeal email. (Limit of 10 emailed appeal forms per taxpayer. Should you have more than 10 properties you would like to appeal, please use one of the other submission options listed above.)
Please Note: The petition must be signed by the petitioner or an authorized representative. A representative must attach a notarized Power of Attorney (PDF) unless the representative is a duly authorized employee or corporate officer of the company. Certified tax representatives must attach a Tax Representative Disclosure statement. If you have an email address that we can contact you at, please list it on the appeal form.
IMPORTANT: The filing information included here is limited to the appeals to the Allen County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA) and does not apply to appeals filed with the Indiana Board of Tax Review nor the service requirements applicable to those appeals. Any e-filing must be to the email address listed above. E-filing your PTABOA appeal to any other email address will not be accepted and will not constitute the filing of your PTABOA appeal. If you have any questions, please call the Office of the Allen County Assessor.
For information regarding the Indiana Board of Tax Review appeals process, visit the Indiana Board of Tax Review website.
- How can I view comparable sales in my market area?
- How do I file an appeal?
- What is the deadline to file an appeal?
- What happens after I file my appeal?
- How do I track the status of my appeal?
- What types of evidence should I submit?
- What happens if we don’t reach an agreement for the value under appeal?