Department of Planning Services
Department of Planning Services Holiday Schedule:
- Closed 11a - 1p Friday, December 15th, 2023
- Closed Monday, December 25, 2023
- Closed Tuesday, December 26, 2023
- Closed Monday, January 1, 2024
- Closed Monday, January 15, 2024
- Certificate of Use
- Swimming Pool Permit
- Fence Permit
- Sign Permit
- Improvement Location Permit
- New Single Family Residential Permit (for One- or Two-Family Dwelling)
- SITE Plan Review
- *Please contact the Department of Planning Services for all other applications. More information can also be found in the Applications and Fees section in the menu bar on the left.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Considering a New Project?
The Department of Planning Services holds monthly new projects meetings to discuss proposed projects prior to formal submittals. If you would like to participate in a new projects meeting, please email Christian Beebe to receive the new projects meeting application and calendar. There is no fee to participate in the new projects meeting.
If you are considering a development proposal within the downtown Fort Wayne area (DC and DE zoning districts) please email Nathan Schall at your earliest convenience. The City of Fort Wayne now has Downtown Design Standards that may affect your proposal. The manual has requirements and recommendations on new developments, building additions, façade renovations, signage, fencing, and parking. It is often beneficial to discuss your plans with staff members prior to filing any applications or permits.
Department of Planning Services maintains the Zoning Ordinances for the communities of: unincorporated Allen County, City of Fort Wayne, City of Woodburn, Town of Grabill, Town of Huntertown, and the Town of Monroeville.
The most recent versions of the Zoning Ordinances are on file at the Department of Planning Services, and can be viewed in the dropdown menu below.
- All-In-Allen Comprehensive Plan (Effective 3-13-2023)
- Allen County Zoning Ordinance (Effective 9-1-2022)
- Fort Wayne Downtown Design Manual (Effective January 2011)
- Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance (Effective 9-1-2022)
- Grabill Zoning Ordinance (Effective 7-1-2021)
- Huntertown Zoning Ordinance (Effective 9-1-2023)
- Monroeville Zoning Ordinance (Effective 7-1-2021)
- Woodburn Zoning Ordinance (Effective 9-1-2023)
All In Allen Comprehensive Plan Update
The All In Allen Comprehensive Plan has been adopted by the City of Fort Wayne, Allen County, and the communities of Grabill, Huntertown, Monroeville and Woodburn.
The Plan is effective as of March 13, 2023 and can be downloaded on the Ordinances, Plans and Manuals tab on this website.
The All In Allen Comprehensive Plan is a blueprint to guide growth and development and other community initiatives. Topic areas of the plan include Land Use and Development, Agriculture and Food Systems, Housing and Neighborhoods, Economic Development, Transportation and Mobility, Public Facilities and Infrastructure, Community Services and Education, Parks and Environment and Implementation. Plan development was guided by feedback obtained from community outreach, analysis of existing conditions, and community visioning to ensure the comprehensive plan is reflective of the communities it will serve.
Allen County Flood Insurance Rate Map Appeal Period
On December 9, 2021, FEMA provided Preliminary copies of the revised Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) and Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report for Allen County, Indiana and Incorporated Areas.
The Preliminary FIRM and FIS report include proposed flood hazard information for certain locations in the Unincorporated Areas of Allen County, Indiana. The proposed flood hazard information may include addition or modification of Special Flood Hazard Areas, the areas that would be inundated by the base (1-%-annual-chance) flood; base flood elevations or depths; zone designations; or regulatory floodways.
The 90-day appeal period for this submitted information is closed. FEMA is moving the FIRM Map amendment process forward at this time.
Public Hearing Updates - Plan Commissions
- Fort Wayne Plan Commission Public Hearing Livestream
- Allen County Plan Commission Public Hearing Livestream
Public Hearing Updates - Board of Zoning Appeals & Hearing Officer
Please check this page for updates or email the Department of Planning Services with questions.
If you need further assistance, call 260-449-7607 or email the Department of Planning Services. Please include your name and the address of the property you are inquiring about so we can provide the necessary information for your request.
Thank you for your patience!