Permit Requirements

Permits and approval are required for nearly all construction activities and most other types of development prior to doing any work within a floodplain area.

Call the Department of Planning Services at 260-449-7607 before you proceed with any development activity within the floodplain for project-specific regulations and prior approval for required permits.

All development within the special flood hazard areas, including but not limited to the construction of buildings, accessory structures (including agricultural buildings), structural additions or alterations, structure improvements, filling, excavation, and placement of fences is required to comply with Federal, and State regulations, as well as the Floodplain Regulations of the Allen County Zoning Ordinance.

Please contact the Department of Planning Services at 260-449-7607 to report any suspected illegal development activities.