Community Recycling Drop-off Sites
3Live in an apartment or forgot to take your recycling to the curb? Allen County residents, small businesses, and nonprofits can recycle items free of charge at any of ACDEM's Community Recycling Drop-off Sites.
Drop-off hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00am - 1pm, 1:30pm - 4:30pm. For questions, call 260-449-7878.
Remember, any items left outside of normal operating hours are considered illegally dumped.
To submit feedback, questions, or concerns regarding the community recycling drop-off sites, click here Version Options Community Recycling Drop-off Sites Headline.
14701 Schwartz Road
5000 Smith Road
110 1/2 South Street (Located behind the library) *Drop-off Hours: Monday-Sunday: 8 am - 6 pm, no attendant at this location.
Near 2 Fort Recovery Road
Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. *This is the Republic Services Material Recovery Center, no attendant at this location.
Drop-off Site Recycling Guidelines
- Aluminum cans
- Glass (clear, green, brown, blue)
- Paper (any kind)
- Paperboard (e.g., cereal boxes) *The guidelines above apply to both curbside and drop off recycling.
- Plastics bottles, jugs, and containers
- Steel cans
- Clean plastic caps are recycled in a separate tote*
- Empty, rinse, and dry recyclables before placing in bin
- Flatten cardboard and bulky items, remove any packing materials including bubble wrap, foam, and plastic wrap. Packing tape is acceptable.
- Items should be sorted prior to drop off
- Leaving items outside of operating hours is illegal dumping
- Residential and nonprofit material only (call ACDEM for assistance with business recycling)
Dropping off material when an attendant is not present is illegal dumping and poses a danger to the public and employees. No material in trash bags or plastic bags are accepted.
ACDEM's Community Recycling Drop-off Sites will be closed if the air temperature is at, around, or below zero, until the weather improves for the safety of attendants.
Important Holiday Hours: All Sites will be CLOSED on 11/23, 12/25, and 1/1. Unexpected closures and delays are announced on our website and Facebook.