I feel the value is too high. What can I do?

If you disagree with the assessed value, please contact our office, the County Assessor or the Wayne Township Assessor, to discuss your concerns. If we are able, we will handle any corrections immediately. If this is not possible, the owner has the right to appeal any assessed value up to 45 days after the date a Form 11 Notice of Assessment Change is mailed, or, if no notice was mailed, up to 45 days after the date of the first tax bill. The appeals process is very straight- forward and taxpayer-friendly, providing you with the opportunity to have your questions answered according to a statutory procedure. If, in the appeal process, you are not able to resolve the issue with the County/Twsp representative, you will have the ability to present your concerns to the Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA). From there, you also have the option of appealing to the Indiana Board of Tax Review.

Show All Answers

1. My property is assessed as a rental and the value continues to increase. Why?
2. How do I get a rental deduction?
3. What is a GRM?
4. Why do I need to provide my income information?
5. I feel the value is too high. What can I do?
6. I purchased a property for a family member to live in, and they do not pay rent. Does my property qualify?
7. Why are there different GRM’s throughout the county?